We are excited to announce a new executive leadership role at the National Centre – Director of Lived Experience Leadership. The role will oversee the organisational approach to lived experience inclusion, influencing strategic direction, research and knowledge generation, policy development, training programs, and support and mentoring activities. In particular, it will ensure the voices of those with lived experience of child sexual abuse are amplified, to drive change and action.
Key selection criteria includes:
- A lived experience of child sexual abuse and a deep understanding of lived experience approaches including advocacy, peer work, co-design and workforce development with knowledge of lived experience movements. This includes the ability and capacity to use insights gained and drive collective lived experience perspectives of child sexual abuse.
- Proven senior leadership experience in mental health, community services or NFP sectors
- Demonstrated experience championing and delivering initiatives that embed lived experience participation
- Proven ability to collaboratively drive change through the design and delivery of policies and programs that embed lived experience, being aware of and balancing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive and diverse experience effectively engaging with people who are victims and survivors of child sexual abuse.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, and highly developed analytical skills
- A proven self-starter who is self-motivated with commitment and driven to set and meet targets.
The National Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. First Nations people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a challenging fixed term position and fully remote, with applications welcome from anywhere in Australia.
Applications close 31 January.